You may have heard that social media marketing is a good way to build your brand voice and establish yourself as an authority in your niche. But what do you need to know about it? It can be used for many different purposes, even to promote and grow your own business! With so many platforms to choose from, you could tailor this strategy around your needs and goals with some guidance from experts. Here are some tips for using social media effectively and ensuring you’re still having fun while doing it.
1. What is a brand voice and why does it matter
What is a brand voice?
A brand voice is your company’s personality as it’s expressed through your marketing materials, including your website, social media, and even your advertising. It’s what makes you unique and sets you apart from the competition. And it’s important because it helps to create a connection with your customers. They come to know and trust you, leading to more sales and loyalty in the long run.
Why does a brand voice matter?
Creating a consistent brand voice is crucial for two reasons: first, it helps customers understand what you’re about; and second, it makes you stand out from the competition. When customers see the same message across all your platforms, they’ll feel like they already know you and be more willing to make a purchase.
Secondly, a unique brand voice helps you stand out from the pack. When everyone sounds the same, what do customers have to differentiate between you and your competition? If one company acts “big-and-important” and another seems “friendly-and-approachable,” which brand is more likely to catch a customer’s eye and make them remember your company?
How do I develop my brand voice?
1. You write it –
You might not realize it, but the words you use on your website and social media platforms say a lot about your brand. Write down the words you use to describe yourself and your products, then compare them with those of other companies in your industry. If they’re not similar, try to incorporate more of those words into your messaging across all platforms. If they are similar, find a way to make them stand out from the crowd by using them in unique ways.
2. You visualize it –
Once you’ve identified your brand voice and created a strategy for incorporating it, visit these social media sites:
a) You can create custom backgrounds for each of your channels with colors and images that correspond to what they say about your company. This is a great way to make your brand stand out and keep things consistent across your platforms.
b) Remember: you’re not the only company on these platforms, and if you all sound alike, then none of you will get noticed! As much as possible, try to avoid sharing the same promotional messages with other companies in your industry. This will keep your voice unique and help you avoid being drowned out by the competition.
3. You interact with it –
When commenting on other people’s messages or posts, you should always keep your brand voice in mind. In fact, for this social media strategy to work best, it’s essential that you respond to comments and questions across all platforms with the same messaging.
4. You share it –
If there are third-party articles or posts about your industry relevant to your brand voice, share them! This will help you establish yourself as an authority on the topic by demonstrating your knowledge and expertise.
5. You embody it –
The best way to ensure that your messaging is consistent across all social media platforms is to include it in any testimonials, reviews, or other opinions that you publish online.
6. You adapt it –
When you’re constantly in the public eye, your message is bound to change over time; that’s okay! Be sure to update or adjust your brand voice when necessary so that customers keep recognizing it when they interact with your company online.
2. Why you should be using social media to build your business’s brand
Many people think that it’s only for big businesses when it comes to social media and branding. But the truth is any business can use social media to help build their brand voice and establish themselves as an authority in their niche. Here are just a few reasons why you should be using social media to promote your business:
- It’s affordable: Social media marketing is one of the most affordable ways to promote your business. In most cases, you can use free platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to reach a large audience.
- It’s practical: Social media can be an extremely effective way to reach new customers and grow your business with the right strategy.
- It’s easy: You don’t need to be a social media expert to use social media. All you need is a simple strategy and the dedication to stick with it.
- It’s impactful: 73% of customers trust brands more when their friends recommend them. Social media can help make personal recommendations go viral.
- It’s effective: 65% of consumers admit to purchasing directly from following a brand on social media.
- It builds relationships: When someone “likes,” retweets, or comments on your posts, it increases the likelihood that they will follow you and engage with your content in the future.
- It’s shareable: The more people who share your posts, the greater chance you have of going viral and reaching a large audience.
- It’s consistent: Having an active social media presence sends the message that you are an authentic brand with authority in your niche. This will make it easier to attract new customers and grow your business.
3. How to build a strong social media presence
When it comes to social media marketing, many businesses feel overwhelmed. It can be a lot to take in and manage, but you can create a strong social media presence for your brand with the right tools and advice. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Create quality content. This is probably the most important part of social media marketing. You need to provide valuable content that people want to read and share. If you can do this consistently, you’ll start to build a following and credibility among your target audience.
- Be consistent. As with any other marketing strategy, you need to be consistent with your social media efforts to see results. Posting regularly will help you keep your name in your audience’s minds and remind them that you’re there to provide helpful information.
- Use images. Social media platforms provide text and let you add images and videos to your posts. These types of media help boost engagement and keep people interested in what you have to say. Have fun with it!
- Create content around real-time events. If you notice something trending, jump on the bandwagon and create content around it. This will make you more relatable to your followers and help you get in front of a new audience.
- Don’t forget to measure. You can analyze all the data you want, but you won’t know if it’s working unless you look at the numbers. Keep track of your likes, shares, and engagement to see if you’re making a difference.
4. Tips for success on each platform
- Keep your tweets short, and sweet-this will make them more readable and allow people to retweet them more easily.
- Use hashtags to connect with other users interested in the same topics as you.
- Make sure to tweet about interesting and relevant topics your followers will be interested in.
- Use images and videos to engage your followers further and break up your text-based tweets.
- Interact with other users by replying to their tweets and starting conversations.
- Post regularly, but not too often-you don’t want to overwhelm your followers or make them lose interest.
- Share exciting and engaging content that your followers will find interesting and relevant to your niche.
- Post about current news or other highly-popular topics, but DO NOT post too much about the same subject. People want information, not spammy sales pitches!
- Use images and videos to break up blocks of text. This is also great for grabbing users’ attention. If you can capture their attention in a picture, they’ll be more likely to want to click on the video you posted later.
- Include links within your posts. This lets people learn more about a subject or product/service you’re promoting and helps with SEO.
- Post-regularly-the best Instagram accounts post at least once every 2-3 days.
- Use hashtags relevant to your niche, but don’t go overboard! Instagram is all about engagement-so you’ll want to interact with users by liking and commenting on their photos in addition to using hashtags. If you’re too promotional or spammy, people may look at that account in a negative light or unfollow it together.
- Use Instagram Stories to make quick videos and images, even polls. This will give your followers more insight into who you are and what you like without having to go through one of your posts.
- Post pictures that capture the attention of people scrolling down their feed-make sure they take notice of your photo and want to click on it.
- If you’re posting about a specific product or service, include the link in the bio section. This will allow people to find out more information without leaving Instagram or searching for the link themselves-but. ALWAYS make sure that you include a link to your Instagram profile if you use the link within your post.
- Share informative and relevant content related to your niche (and industry) that will be useful to you and your followers. Be sure that the content won’t be outdated or irrelevant otherwise. People may unfollow or look at your LinkedIn account in a negative light.
- Post about current news related to your industry and niche, but again-don’t post too much. Overloads of sales and marketing posts will make potential customers/clients feel like you’re trying to sell to them instead of offering them value.
- Ask users questions to get involved with your posts and get a conversation going.
- Use images and videos-this may be more helpful when reaching a larger number of users. However, it will allow for more engagement between you and your followers.
- Don’t forget the link. LinkedIn is another excellent place to add your links within posts so that people can see what you’re selling and find out more about you as a brand.
How do I establish my brand voice on social media? You can establish your brand voice on social media by creating content that aligns with how you produce all of your marketing materials. There are many ways to do this, from the type of content you post (like educational blog posts vs. coupons and promos) and your tone in your messages (casual or professional). You can even experiment using different media types, like video or graphics. You’ll want to develop a strategy that works for you and what you’re trying to accomplish, though, so it’s always best to get some help on the subject.